Friday, August 26, 2011

Unanswered Questions and Luna Love

Well it is Friday, in T-minus, I don't know several hours, I will be hitting the road for my 13 mile run.  Yup 13 miles, the longest I have gone since Memorial Day and the longest i have ever gone that has not been a race.  As I reported Wednesday,  the PT/Coach did not provide me with any answers on times as of yet.  That will come next week.  And you all had wonderful thoughts on what I should do. Thanks so much.  And for tomorrow, this neurotic, Type-A runner does not really have a plan, which is not unnerving at all clearly.  I guess I am just hoping for the best, after all Coach said to do my best.  I guess I will just kind of go with it?!?  Ooo so easier said than done. But I can't really decide what the answer is so that is what I am going to do. Just go with it and from there we will see what the Coach wants to do.

So people are pretty up in arms about the hurricane, yours truly included.  I am not really too nervous but I also do not feel that you should think this is nothing. There was a major leak in our walkway which fed right into the garage and the utility room.  The project to fix it was completed today, so we are going to get to test it out and hopefully it works!!! Anyway, in preparation for the storm, I realized my biggest fear was that the power would go out and the elliptical machine would not turn on for Sunday's recovery hour. Ooo the life of a runner ;)  But seriously, if the power does go out, maybe work will be canceled?!? A girl can dream.   Wait just in .... my husband just told me that the storm is downgraded to a tropical storm by the time it gets to us here in MA, but just in case Aaron and I discussed the necessities for food - bread, peanut butter and Luna Bars.

I have not really talked about this too much but I am a little obsessed with Luna Bars.  In fact, I love them.  They are so filling and so good.  I actually can't eat them right before I work out or even an hour plus ahead of time because I get so full.  But if I fuel with them earlier than that or right after they are perfect.  I can't say enough good things about them and they are awesome for women - filled with folic acid, iron and calcium!  My current favorites are Iced Oatmeal Raisin and Blueberry Bliss but S'mores and Caramel Brownie are pretty amazing too.  I have been trying to get the guy next to me at work to try these forever.  Apparently guys don't like to try them because they say for women on the package but he was starving and there were not any other viable options.  He admitted to loving them.  Seriously? How can you not?!?

Luna was nice enough to let me try their new bars, a Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Bar, a Chocolate Coconut Bar, and Chocolate Chip one.  Luna did not really know that I am not a fan of Mint Chocolate Chip or Coconut in general but I loved the Chocolate Chip (although Blueberry and Oatmeal Raisin remain my favorite).  I was surprised to see a protein bar as I did not know they had those so it was just added fun who does not love more protein?


Anyway, ultimate point if you have never had a Luna Bar, you are missing out! You need to get on this right away.

Tell me do you have a Luna obsession too? How do you feel about running alone? 


Happy Friday, Stay Dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment