Monday, September 12, 2011

The Great Pizza Incident of 2011 a.k.a Temper Tantrum

Dear My Wonderful Husband,


I am sorry I freaked out at you, called you, hung up on you, called you back, yelled at you and called you back pleading with you to let me apologize.  I love you, I am sorry.


Your ever fateful, loving wife.


Yup, thats right, you got the gist of it, tonight I came home and I was bit less than pleasant.  It started out ok, I got home and went to the fridge.  After a late day at work, a long weekend, and a 45 minute traffic car ride that should have taken only 15 minutes I was psyched to get home and enjoy my left over Whole Foods pizza, TV and the blogs.  Sounds pretty good right?  So like I said all was going well until I opened the fridge and realized that my pizza was no where to be found, that's right, you guessed it - my husband, fairly innocently took the pizza, thinking that I had taken other pieces for lunch.

Now, instead of being cool, calm and collected about this, I chose to, like the big girl I am, throw a hissy fit.  I pretty much acted as if I was five and did not get the pony I wanted on my birthday.  I don't know how my husband puts up with me sometimes.  This was not my best moment....

But after I calmed down and decided to get some food in me quick, life seemed a little more rationale. And after apologizing profusely, I began to think about where such an outburst might have come from. Hungry - check; tired - check; a little stressed - check; recouping from illness - check....Hmm seems to make sense now, huh?  I have become pretty good at keeping myself, my needs and my emotions in check, but I guess somewhere in the last 24 hours they got the best of me and my poor husband got the brunt of it in the "Great Pizza Incident of 2011."

So I did what any girl would do and came graveling back.  I am sorry again honey, I know you are living with a five year old sometimes, but I did do all the laundry this weekend, does that help...At these points I have learned, there is not much to do about the past except learn from it, apologize when needed, and move on.

Here is hoping tomorrow is a bit smoother.

Someone else please tell me I am not the only sometimes crazy 5 year old out there?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment