Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fall Friday....

Kim Knuff are you out there?  One last chance and then I will be forced to pick another Allied Medal Display winner - eeekkk 

Its that time again, you guessed it Fall Friday!! And it is a pretty exciting one at that because this Friday my grandparents are coming to visit from NJ and apparently my grandfather, better known as Poppa, also loves fall and can't wait to see the leaves.  We are, of course, taking them to the White Mountains because if you want to see leaves, there is no better place to go. Well, maybe the spa that me and grandma, a.k.a. Mammy, will be frequenting post long run on Saturday.  To say I am excited is an understatement.

But for now, lets go back to the last fall activity of the week with this amazing lady.  Last Saturday, after my long run, Aaron and I hoped in the car and headed to Rhode Island to visit Samantha.  Sure, I was exhausted and moving at the speed of light like a turtle, but I was not going to pass up a trip to visit Sam and her family's farm. Yup, her family owns a farm, how cool is that?!?



Even better, the farm has a corn maze. Ever since last year when Aaron and I went to Davis Farmland, I could not help but want to do another corn maze.  And despite the tired legs, in we went.  We took turns taking the lead only to end up at dead ends and jokes.  Sam and I chatted away at rapid fire pace about everything!  It was awesome fall + running friend chit chat = major score!





After some more fun farm times, we headed out to dinner in Providence.  Sooo yummy, I would like to show you pictures but I was way too lazy and tired to get out the camera and gobbled up an awesome flatbread pizza, which was only my second pizza meal of the day by the way ;). After dinner, we headed over to Water Fire.  Water Fire is this art event that occurs in Providence multiple times throughout the summer and early fall where there is essentially fire on water...check it out...


It is hard to tell but this water on fire I promise!

By the time we got home it was 11. I proceeded to pass out.  Around 3 a.m. I woke up feeling like something was sticking me. Apparently I never got undressed and had just laid down and covered myself in the sheets.  Aaron, exhausted himself, also passed out and never even noticed.  How is that for you? Totally worth it. An awesome, fun filled fall day.

Happy Friday!!! And to all my fellow Jewish bloggers and readers Happy New Year :)

Tell me what is on tap for your weekend? Any fun fall activities or suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment