Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My New Favorite Number - 22 & My Foodie Penpal

Monday is an amazing day of the week.  Don't you all agree? Don't you all love Mondays?   Well, I am LOVING Monday today.  It has been pretty much the best Monday in a while, maybe even the best day I have had in weeks so I am going to smile from ear to ear and grin happy and soak it up.  Other days may have disappointments ahead but today I am hopeful, happy, and very very thankful.

So why is this Monday amazing....well there is this

Today is a VERY good day as Girl Scout cookies are involved...


and there is this...

What do you want to celebrate with post ultra-sound? I know what I want!


and this...

Running today! Doctor's orders!

And this

This shirt 

Will soon have a matching skirt like this girl's.  Janine offered to make me one agreed after I stalked her.  Janine maybe we should go in business together,  I will sell the shirts and you the skirts

BUT most of all there is this....

My excited face post ultrasound

So did you guess yet, why 22 is my new favorite number?  Welp, if you have not, I will try to contain my excitement as I tell you that is the size of my follicle! 22!!! YAYYYY.  This is BIG news because it means that I am really close to ovulating.  We need a follicle to be about 22 before they can trigger ovulation.  So this is great.  The doctor could trigger ovulation now but my uterine lining is 5.  They want 6.  The thought is that I will ovulate on my own but just in case we go back on Wednesday and if I have not ovulated they will give me a trigger shot of hcG!  I was so excited I almost cried.  The doctor was so proud of me and was like "Go Steph, way to grow that follicle! You did a good job."  And I was like yay for two eggs (the actual eggs you eat I mean) a day and lots of fat and sitting around.  Aaron told me "way to negative split."  It works in this context, sure. To say I am excited is a bit of an understatement lol.  I am riding the up side of the roller coaster right now.  Just hoping it keeps going up.

OK, in other news, foodie penpal day!   Have you heard of this?  The awesome Lindsay of the Lean Green Bean puts it on and it is just what it sounds like.  You sign up with Lindsay (all are welcome readers and bloggers) and you get a pen pal. You then send your pen pal gifts.  At the same time you are sending gifts, someone else is sending you gifts as well. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.  It is not expensive, you are not supposed to spend more than $15, but people make good use of the money.  This month I received a wonderful package in the mail from Maggie.  It was perfect timing.  I was in a bad mood that day and needed a pick me up and Maggie gave me a great big smile.    I must really display my love for PB and my big protein and fat push because Maggie hit the nail on the head with peanut butter galore and I was ecstatic 

 I was so excited about these. Did not even knew they existed.  Perfect because I have had to give up a ton of my favorite granola bars, including the PB nature valley in favor of just protein snacks. I was so psyched for this.

Again something I never knew existed. Instant peanut butter! Really! I can't wait to try this in a smoothie because where else.


Besides this I also got some amazing other goodies, look at this stash

Chocolate, trail mix, a mug, fruit sticks, KIND bars.  IT was like Hanukah come early haha


Thank you so so much Maggie! And thank you Lindsay for organizing this great event. 

 That is it for me folks.   I have things to do, a follicle to grow, you know how it is... :)

Give me some good foods I can eat on my non-fiber days and tell me what was good about your Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment