Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Hunger Games & Valentine's Day

Hi all, remember me?  I know that I usually post every day but Ihave missed the past two days.  Work has been pretty busy, and while that could be the reason I have not been blogging it is not. I blog at home, so where have I been?  I mainly blame my absence on this


I am fairly late to the games, no pun intended.  I am probably the last person ever to read this book, but if for some crazy unknown reason you have not read this book yet, stop whatever you are doing and go get it. You are seriously doing yourself a disservice by not reading this book.  Do NOT go to the movie first, I beg you, read the book!

So in actuality, I am not reading the book. I am actually listening to it on audiotape.  I usually get audiotapes for when I have to run alone (which is actually pretty incredible, definitely don't knock it until you try it).  Yet, I decided to get an audiobook for Hunger Games and not just for running because I have a lot of trouble holding books due to neck pain. I am so glad I did.  It allows me to "read" on the go like at Physical Therapy this morning (sorry Aaron, I know you wanted to chat but I had to listen to Katniss's plans to destroy and steal all of the Careers' food by the pond).  It also allows me to take long relaxing baths while listening to my book - my new favorite hobby.

The other reason I have been MIA is Valentine's Day, of course.  A few weeks ago Aaron asked me what I wanted to do for Valentine's Day.  This is a change because I am a HUGE planner (could you ever guess) and usually I have our plans set way in advance.  This year, however, I am no longer so in love with restaurants and all that jazz and just wanted to stay home and have a picnic by our fireplace complete with pizza (I have such advanced taste buds).  The only issue is our fireplace, which is gas, has not worked since we moved in in May.  I made it abundantly clear to Aaron, by dropping some "subtle" hints that if the fireplace was not working by Valentine's Day I would be less than thrilled.  I think he got the idea and by Monday this was me:

My very own fireplace!!

I did not expect or want much else.   Yesterday, I went about my day and managed to get into a sizable fight with Aaron over nonsense logistics on the way home.  I sure felt like a fool though because when I got home, I opened up the fridge to this...




Yes, a homemade edible arrangement.  I love Edible Arrangements but they never have watermelon in the winter so Aaron went and made his own!  He went to the store and found great watermelon as well as a picnic basket for our picnic.  I proceeded to then make the best looking pizza yet and we dined on pizza and fruit.

 In my world, pizza is its own food group

Aaron is lying on a heated blanket, the best way to picnic!

If that was not enough, I got another surprise.  Robin stopped by on her way home to drop off these...

Yes Robin made these. They almost look too good to eat, almost...

Robin is an amazing baker.  Her cookies are incredible!   Thanks Robin!  I could not have asked for a better Valentine's Day.

How do you all spend your holiday?  Have you read Hunger Games yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment