Thursday, February 2, 2012

(Blogger) Stranger Danger & CEP Compression Sweepstakes

The winner of our Chobani Sweepstakes is Amy.  Amy please email me by next Thursday to secure your prize.  Congrats and thanks for playing everyone. Good news if you did not win, today is a new day new sweepstakes. 


Btw, have you checked out my audition post?  Go give it some love please :)


Often when I sit around a table of non-blogging friends and tell them about my blogging adventures and meet ups, I get blank stares.  If I tell them, I went to Philly on a whim to meet and stay with bloggers I had never met before but had invited me on a whim or that I met one of my favorite friends ever off Twitter, they loo at me if I am crazy.


Sure I will come to Philly, especially if you run 11 miles with me and then feed me (Thanks Mary!)

 In fact, I believe the words were "Stranger Danger, Steph" (you know who you are that said that, I love you don't worry, I hear you).  Or I might just get faces of disbelief and questions like, so you met this girl off the Internet?  Yup, I say with a smile and just shake my head because I know, to them, it sounds, well crazy.  But aren't we all a little bit crazy...

Not me I am not crazy, nope


Now, don't worry Mammy (a.k.a Grandma).  It is not that I am not being safe.  I heed the "Stranger Danger" tales that you taught me as a little girl as we skated with Fisher Price Roller Skates.  I make sure to meet new people in public places and that I bring a friend along for the first encounter.  I don't publicly announce where I will be and when on the Internet and I take all the precautions that are needed when meeting new people.

Yet regardless of all this talk about "Stranger Danger" and disbelief that I meet my friends on the Internet, it  is hands down my favorite part about being a blogger.  The love, support, and friendship that has developed out of blogging has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life.  Where else can

 I find someone to call in Las Vegas when you randomly end up in the Emergency Room (Thanks Jill! P.S. Send me that picture of us stat!) 

or show up for breakfast in my PJs with people who were strangers moments ago (Thanks for not mentioning that Meghann, Monica, & Anne)


find a lady will agree to dress up in crazy outfits with me (Thanks Robin!) and

 even further find someone who does not know me in the least but won't leave me behind in the last second of the race (repeat this weekend, please Meaghan?)

I don't know where I would be with these and some many other wonderful people that I have "met" this past year, thank you!  This week has once again shown me that bloggers and readers are top notch.  A week ago today, I came home from the doctor after getting "the news" and I did not call my best friend or my parents (although I love you guys), instead I e-mailed Jen.  Why?  Because I knew she would get it.  Because of her open and honest blogging, I knew I had somewhere to turn, and even though she had a new baby on her hands, she took the time to calm me down and email back and forth with me all night.  Yup, never met her, never had more of a brief online conversation with her, and here a complete stranger calmed my fears and spoke with me like we were sisters.  That is the power of blogging.  Thanks Jen!  Throughout the week, you have continued to show me that bloggers and readers alike can offer incredible advice and support and I am so thankful for all of you. Constant emails, tweets, messages, comments have made this process that much easier.  Thank you.  The hardest part of writing this is not mentioning all the people who have been absolutely wonderful, I promise I am thinking of you all right now.


So as a thank you, how about a break from all the crazies that is this week and let's enjoy a Review and Sweepstakes for CEP Compression Gear, because honestly, who doesn't love some compression.

CEP was nice enough to let me review their shorts and socks and also to giveaway a pair of shorts as well. Valued at $99.99, I would say this is a pretty good deal and one to take advantage of.

Easily put, CEP Compression Gear is what I live for after a long run (and a short run too).  There is NO other way to go, believe me, I have tried.  After a long run,  I come home and prance around trying to stretch, ice, foam roll, and fuel. But after all of that is over, I put on my Compression Socks and Shorts and honestly keep them on for a good, oh, two days.  I even sleep in the socks.  Why?  Because they allow me to recover faster, feel better, and get right back into training.

I never pass up a chance to wear compression

If something hurts, I rock the compression and like magic almost it feels so much better.  If my IT Band is hating me, I rock the compression and goodbye Mr. IT Band (knock on wood).  If my ankle is yelling at me, you guessed it, Compression and all is well.  But even if nothing hurts, I still always put on my Compression right after my long run and wait for the magic to occur because without fail I feel better, and by the next day, I am ready to face the next training session.  Even on days where I did not long run, but I just feel off, I will sport the compression gear and once again, like magic, I feel a whole lot better.  Last week, I decided, eh I don't need compression.  BIG MISTAKE! It took me two days to recover from my long run. I was sore and tight.  It was not pretty. I had not felt that way in a loong time.  The reason?  Compression!  Also, although I don't usually, you can run and train in these puppies too and they provide added support and stability.


So have you figured out that I am a fan of CEP Compression yet?  But why CEP over other brands?  Some little things that I like that set them apart, specifically about the shorts, include:  a zipper pocket in the back of the shorts and no long elastic ties as the waist - they just pull up and fit perfectly and I don't have to worry how to deal with long strings.  But overall the reason I love both the socks and shorts the most (besides the fact that my socks are pink) is because they give me the support I need to recover and feel great.  They feel snug, as compression should, but not too tight.  They don't make me overheat and I can wear them under my clothing.  Overall, they feel just right.

Compression is appropriate at all points and times

Ok but if you want to get a little more technical.  Here are the cool things you can learn about compression: they allow for more energy, stamina and performance; improve blood circulation; muscle and joint stabilization; and improved coordination.  They also have a cooling effect, are breathable, have moisture management, seamless, and quick drying.

Do you want these more than anything yet?  You should!  So here we go how to win as always lets make this easy - just leave me a comment.

In the meantime, regardless of the Sweepstakes, I would love to hear from all of you, do you have any wonderful blogger friendship support stories to share?  

OFFICIAL RULES
 TERMS AND CONDITIONS - FOR CEP COMPRESSION SHORTS (full terms here)
Basics:  To enter the sweepstakes for a sample case of CEP Compression Shorts please just leave a comment on this post, meaning the post that announced the sweepstake.  The comment does not have to be anything in particular.  It will be used so that your name can be entered into the sweepstakes as facilitated by Random.Org.   There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY or any other type of consideration that must be given to enter this sweepstakes.     By entering a comment, you are entering in the sweepstakes and are thus agreeing to the full terms and conditions outlined here.

Eligibility Requirements:  To enter this sweepstake you must be over 18 years of age and a United States citizen.  Other restrictions apply.  You can enter by simply leaving a comment on this blog, NO PURCHASE or other consideration is neceessary.   You cannot enter by any other means. 


Duration and deadlines:  This sweepstakes starts on Thursday February 2, 2012 at 8:30 a.m.  and will go to Thursday February 9, 2012 at 8:30 a.m.  Winner will be announced by Friday February 10, 2012 at 8 p.m. and will be announced through this blog - Runforfun-stephanie.blogspot.com.  A winner has one week from the announcement of the winner to claim the prize or else a new winner will be chosen (Sunday February 12th after 8 p.m.) .  All prizes will be awarded.  Thus if the winner does not come forward, a new winner will be chosen.

Prize Description: There will be one winner and they will receive CEP Running Shorts valued at 99.99

No comments:

Post a Comment