Friday, November 11, 2011

Tommie Cooper Review and Sweepstakes

Hello all!  It is Friday and it is actually Wedding Weekend, one of my best friends from law school is getting married AND I get to see some pretty cool ladies including Sam, Robin,and Collen this weekend (well maybe ColleenRobin and I kind of decided she was running with us without actually getting confirmation, oops).  Finally, I just saw Sunday's running weather is going to be 64 degrees (knock on wood) and I am ordering my Team Sparkle Skirt for our (Colleen, Robin's, and my's) 5K.  Things are looking up!  Sure, this morning's workout was HARD and harder than it "should" be, but I got it in, proving once again that even a 2 mile run surrounded by elliptical training can be stress relieving and enjoyable :)

So since I am in a better mood than yesterday ( you did not want to be my husband last night, believe me!).  Lets start the weekend off right with a Sweepstakes (which some people refer to giveaways, but actually is more correctly termed a giveaway).  So just a bit of an intro, I have been blogging since April and have done a number of these things and as I am doing them, I am learning from experience.  I have had some trouble locating winners when they don't leave their information and other issues.  Because of that I have set up a more clear Terms and Conditions Page on my blog (see the tabs above) so that it is very clear how my Sweepstakes will work, and they will all generally work in the same manner.  Each time there is a sweepstakes, you can see the general rules on the post that posts the Sweepstakes as well as the full rules on my Terms and Conditions page.  But before we lay all that out for today, lets get to the fun part the review!!!

So, what am I reviewing today?  Tommie Copper ankle sleeve and knee sleeve.



* Source 
*Source

So who is Tommie Copper.  I know we have seen them all over Facebook and Twitter lately.  But who are they, and what do they do?  It is a pretty cool (well some is not as cool, the injury part mainly) story in fact in which someone took a bad situation and created good. Don't you love these.  Tommie Copper was started by Tom Kallish who was in a traumatic water skiing accident.  He was forced to wear lots of compression wear during recovery.  Hating the bulky nature, he knew something had to change - in comes Tommie Copper Compression wear.

Now I don't wish accident or injuries on anyone, but I am very happy he came up with this compression wear because it is pretty awesome people.  In fact, I may or may not be wearing mine to work each day underneath my "work attire."    The point of Tommie Copper is to provide compression wear that "provides relief from arthritis and other joint pains, promote muscle recovery and reduce inflammation" and the kicker line WHILE BEING COMFORTABLE ENOUGH TO BE WORN THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE DAY.  I don't know about you folks, but when I wear other compression wear I absolutely get to a point where it has to come off. It is great but VERY constricting, because well isn't that the point? Right? Apparently, Tommie Copper dreamed BIG and found a way to do it all - provide relief without that squished up compressed feeling.

So I know I love compression, what runner or athlete does it? I always feel better with it on and after I use it but why? I guess I could not really answer how they work in a scientific way so hear we have it.  Why is it so great?  What does it actually do?
  • help stabilize muscle tissue
  • keep the swelling down
  • increase oxygen blood flow to the muscles
  • reduce inflammation
And ultiamtely all this means quicker recovery! I like!!!  But this is all from their Website.  I am not going to lie.  You should check this site out btw.  So what do I think?  Because I know you all care soo much... so here we have it

The Ankle Sleeve - I love this product.  I have been looking for something like this forever.  I love my long compression socks that go to the knees however they are not practical during the work day and compression socks don't love my blisters on my toes.  If I need to keep my toes airing out (yea, gross but the best thing for blisters), I can't do that in compression socks.  Plus for a while, I did not like running in the long compression socks but needed support for my ankle.  I looked high and low for a short compression sock and guess what? Tommie Copper had it! I was sooo excited when I saw it I could not wait to try it out.  As soon as I got it, I put it on. Unfortuantely, it was too big.  I talked to Tommie Copper (and this was RIGHT before the marathon) and within like a day or two I had one that was the right size! Big plus for TC!

The Knee Sleeve - I actually just started using this one due to all the aches and pains of post marathon.  I love it too!  It gives me the good compression blood flow and hit a part of my body that regular compression gear can't.  Sure I have Compression Shorts and Socks, but what about that knee.  Tommie hit the nail on the head once again!!  These are perfect and they do the trick.

The only downside to either of these products is they don't feel tight.  I know this is not a downside but to me I feel like it "should" be tighter, more compressed to be working.  Clearly, I feel better with them on and after, so they are really working.  But there is a bit of a mental hold up for me about not having that really tight feeling.  I guess this is not much of a downside, so I can't complain!!!

So are you hooked yet? If so, check Tommie Copper out.  You can look at their website, Twitter, or Facebook page!
By now, I am sure you are itching to try these things, why wouldn't you be?  Ok so here we go with the Terms and Condtions and what are you actually getting?!?!  These are the basics, see the Terms and Conditions Page for more!  Please read them because by submitting a comment, you are agreeing to them. They will be very similar each time, so please take the time to read them once and you are all set!

Ooo and btw, what are you winning here. A Pair of Tommie Copper Compression Sleeves - pretty awesome right?  And even better you can pick what you want - the knee sleeve or the ankle or a different one (there is also a calf and elbow one).  This is pretty awesome folks.  And all you have to do  is submit a comment. You have until next Friday November 18th at 10 a.m.!!  So get on this...oo did I remind you to read the below, please!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS - TOMMIE COPPER SWEEPSTAKES

Basics:  To enter the sweepstakes for a Tommie Copper Compression Product, please just leave a comment on this post, meaning the post that announced the sweepstake.  The comment does not have to be anything in particular.  It will be used so that your name can be entered into the sweepstakes as facilitated by Random.Org.   There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY or any other type of consideration that must be given to enter this sweepstakes.     By entering a comment, you are entering in the sweepstakes and are thus agreeing to the full terms and conditions outlined here

Eligibility Requirements:  To enter this sweepstake you must be over 18 years of age and a United States citizen.  Other restrictions apply.  You can enter by simply leaving a comment on this blog, NO PURCHASE or other consideration is neceessary.   You cannot enter by any other means.
Contact information:  When entering the sweepstakes, please provide a means for the writer of this blog to contact you when the sweepstakes has ended.  You may choose to leave your blog address, twitter handle, email address, or any other means that you are comfortable with and provides a reasonable way for the writer of this blog to contact you.  If you do not want, your contact information put in the comment field, you may e-mail the writer of this blog at 26.2runforfun@gmail.com.  Your contact information will be used so that the writer of this blog may contact you if you win or if the retailer sponsoring the sweepstakes needs to contact you if you win.
Eligibility Requirements:  To enter this sweepstake you must be over 18 years of age and a United States citizen.  Other restrictions apply.  You can enter by simply leaving a comment on this blog, NO PURCHASE or other consideration is neceessary.   You cannot enter by any other means. 

Duration and deadlines:  This sweepstakes starts on Friday November 11, 2011 at 10 a.m. and will go to Friday November 18, 2011.  Winner will be announced by Monday November 21st at 8 p.m. and will be announced through this blog - Runforfun-stephanie.blogspot.com.  A winner has one week from the announcement of the winner to claim the prize or else a new winner will be chosen (November 28th at 8 p.m.) .  All prizes will be awarded.  Thus if the winner does not come forward, a new winner will be chosen.

Prize Description:  Winner of this contest will receive a pair of Tommie Copper Compression Sleeves of their choosing (ankle, knee, etc). The retail value is $49.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment