Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Road ID Review and Sweepstakes!

In the spirit of being thankful (as apparently we are already coming up on Thanksgiving, pretty crazy, huh?), I think it is time for yet another Sweepstakes.  Why not, right?  I am sure you all are not complaining.  I personally can't get enough of them.  And I love you all so much, no I am being serious, you guys are the best, that I can't help but offer you, what I believe, is another great product and this one might literally save your life!

This summer I was reading through my blogs when I read a sad story about a blogger tri-athlete that an awful accident while out biking.  She crashed her bike and blacked out.  Luckily, someone found her and she had her cell phone on her and called her husband.  This story, thank G-d, actually turned out ok.  This woman is totally amazing!  But it really got me thinking, when I used to run, I never carried a cell phone.  What if something were to happen to me...this is no good. I can see my Grandmother freaking out my computer now as I write this.

But don't worry Grandma, I shaped up!  This was not a safe way to go about things.  In comes Road ID.  This company must have been thought up by a mother/grandmother/athlete who knew more than me and thought about how to stay safe while running, biking, swimming etc.  They realized that going out on "athletic outings" without ID is a BIG no-no.  But also realized that it is not practical for us athletes to always carry cell phones or IDs.  So they devised this nifty little product:

                        

This "Road ID" is a bracelet used by runners or athletes when they are out and about, but don't want to handle a phone or other ID.  It comes in multiple forms and colors (you could even attach something to your shoe laces kind of like a timing chip), but this one is the one I got and it is absolutely my favorite.  It has a place for your name, your "in case of emergency people" and their phone numbers, any sort of medications you take, allergies, or conditions, AND room for a mantra.  Mine has my name, Aaron's name and phone number, my dad's name and phone number, and my mantra: 26.2 (short and simple!).

So now that we put my grandmother at ease knowing that I am safe with my bracelet (and my running buddy), what are the other benefits of this thing? Well, first it is blue (you can pick your own color) so it matches my racing shirt, shorts, and sneakers (never hurts to be fashionable, come on who does not like to match).  There are also a bunch of different styles, not just the one I got.  Second, it is so lightweight you never even notice it except when you want to look at your mantra.  I have tons of shoulder problems so I always worry about wearing something on my wrist but this does not bother me in the least.  Plus, when I take it off, it is as if it was never there.  In other words, no chafing! Score for Road ID.

That is really it.  It may be plain and simple but let me tell you this thing is a life saver and I don't leave home without it.  You better bet I wore it all 26.2 miles, would not have had it any other way!  Road ID has also been nice enough to sponsor a Sweepstakes of this product.  Not bad huh...which means time for the rules....

TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ROAD WRIST ID SWEEPSTAKES
Check out the full Terms and Conditions here

Basics:  To enter the sweepstakes for a Road Wrist ID, please just leave a comment on this post, meaning the post that announced the sweepstake.  The comment does not have to be anything in particular.  It will be used so that your name can be entered into the sweepstakes as facilitated by Random.Org.   There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY or any other type of consideration that must be given to enter this sweepstakes.     By entering a comment, you are entering in the sweepstakes and are thus agreeing to the full terms and conditions outlined here.

Eligibility Requirements:  To enter this sweepstake you must be over 18 years of age and a United States citizen.  Other restrictions apply.  You can enter by simply leaving a comment on this blog, NO PURCHASE or other consideration is neceessary.   You cannot enter by any other means.

Contact information:  When entering the sweepstakes, please provide a means for the writer of this blog to contact you when the sweepstakes has ended.  You may choose to leave your blog address, twitter handle, email address, or any other means that you are comfortable with and provides a reasonable way for the writer of this blog to contact you.  If you do not want, your contact information put in the comment field, you may e-mail the writer of this blog at 26.2runforfun@gmail.com.  Your contact information will be used so that the writer of this blog may contact you if you win or if the retailer sponsoring the sweepstakes needs to contact you if you win.

Eligibility Requirements:  To enter this sweepstake you must be over 18 years of age and a United States citizen.  Other restrictions apply.  You can enter by simply leaving a comment on this blog, NO PURCHASE or other consideration is neceessary.   You cannot enter by any other means. 

Duration and deadlines:  This sweepstakes starts on Tuesday November 22, 2011 at 5:30 p.m. and will go to Tuesday November 29, 2011 at 5:30 p.m..  Winner will be announced by Wednesday November 30th, 8 p.m. and will be announced through this blog - Runforfun-stephanie.blogspot.com.  A winner has one week from the announcement of the winner to claim the prize or else a new winner will be chosen (Wednesday, December 7th, after 8 p.m.) .  All prizes will be awarded.  Thus if the winner does not come forward, a new winner will be chosen.
Prize Description:  Winner of this contest will receive a Road ID Wrist ID Band the value of which ranges from $15.00 - $30.00 depending upon the wristlet chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment