Monday, November 21, 2011

PLEASE MASTER & Thanksgiving Traffic Terrors

I work in health care and in health care we are all about the acronyms. While this one is not a main stream acronym, I needed to pull it out of my pocket today for sure. So here it is....

PLEASE MASTER

And I know already that I won't be able to tell you exactly what it means (because that is how health care works, we use the acronym so long we forget the meaning, ooops) but the long and short of it is that it is about taking care of yourself.  I know there an S is for sleep, an M is taking the right medications, E for exercise.  Or something like that haha Maybe I should have started this post off differently, hmm....

Ultimately the point is things are crazy over here in Run For Fun land.  All my fun activities are well fun, but also a little bit overwhelming.  With Christmas in the City and my Wellness Day rapidly approaching and work busier than ever, I am just a tad bit stressed.  There is not much time for some relaxing or down time as I am constantly answering e-mails, making phone calls, or writing legal memos.  It is exhausting and overwhelming.  Can anyone relate?

See I am exhausted, I have to lay down, this is the same thing right?!?

All of this kind of came to a head today, when I tried to schedule my massage therapy appointment and realized I had no time to make a 45 minute trek to my massage therapist because crazy me has a massage therapist as well as other doctors that live so far from her adding more time and stress to the day.  Major fail stuff (I am leaving this mistake here, that is right I am so overwhelmed that I meant to write "Steph" and put "stuff," and this blog does not even autocorrect).  Combine all of this today with massive traffic to a meeting to go over my inspirational speaking and I was one step from beeping my horn like a crazy woman in traffic. Can you really blame me, it took me 20 minutes just to merge onto the highway, really?!?! Has Thanksgiving Traffic Terrors started already, please no!

Don't get me wrong, I love all the things I do and would not change them for the world. And I also love all my awesome doctors.  But sometimes you have to take a step back and care yourself and that is what Please Master is all about! So its official, I have decided that I need to find new doctors and new health care providers, I can not be driving all over New England trying to get to doctors in rush hour traffic and never making it on time. I also need to ask for help when I need it. I am pretty amazing (haha not to be bashful or anything) but I am not super woman. And I need to give myself time for me and that includes some none computer, none blogging, none running time - ahhh I know, shocker right, but it has got to happen...maybe some of that time will involve some extra sleep and cuddling (I love cuddling).  It does not have to be much (except for the cuddling, that has to be "much" especially when they involve foot rubs), just even a few minutes for me to relax and unwind.  Because honestly, crazy stressed Stephanie is Scary Stephanie and none of you want to see that, believe me, Aaron gets enough of it for everyone (sorry, I love you babe!). 

Alright that's enough, time for some ME time and hopefully some dinner!  

How do you all define Please Master? Do you take time for yourself? If so, how? Any experience Thanksgiving Traffic Terrors yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment