Monday, November 7, 2011

My Own Race Expo & You Are All Invited!

If you knew me in high school, you would know I liked to be involved. It was not enough to just go to school and do my school work and come home.  Rather, I needed to be involved in every organization and had a blast doing it whether it was girl scouts, USY, swim team, whatever, I needed and wanted to be a part of that.  In college and law school, I needed to take a step back from that.  It was just too much.  But since law school, I have had some extra time after work is over for the day to engage in some of my favorite past times.  One of the groups I am really involved in is my temple's Sisterhood.  I am the co-VP of Programming.  Anyway, get to the point Steph, you are rambling again...

Since July, I have been working on my own mini-race expo.  The story goes like this, my Sisterhood President wanted us to have a Personal Trainer come talk.  Once she said this, my mind started racing, haha so funny (lame, Steph).  I thought what if we did more than just a Personal Trainer, what if we had more people and almost had like a race expo.  So that is what I have been working on.  I envisioned multiple people to come have booths, do demos, offer screenings on an afternoon right after New Years.  I thought it would be great if sponsors got involved to give us cool free stuff and the rest was history. Well...sort of, I have had to do a TON of work to plan this event, but it is really happening and really going to get there (I hope! My biggest fear is no one comes!).

So the event is two months away - it is Sunday January 8th from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. So what do I have so far?  We have a nutritionist, acupuncturist, chiropractor, Running Company speaker, personal trainer, pilates instructor, nurse, and more.  We will have consultations for blood pressure, pilates demos, information on fitting shoes etc.  We will have great sponsors - Pretzel Crisps, Code Blue, Hint Water, Tribe Hummus, Yasso Pops, Whole Foods, Fitness Clubs, and more!!! Looking at the list, I realize this is a mini-race expo and I am sooo excited about it.  Even better, for non-Sisterhood members it is only $5 and it is right outside of Boston.

I am still trying hard to get more people! I would love to have more sponsors, maybe even enough to get tee-shirts!! I also would love more Wellness people.  And then there is the little issue of advertising, I really need and want to get the word out!!

End result, I could not help but tell all of you about it.  Are you going to be in the area on January 8th? I would love to have you come. Do you have something to contribute? A brand?  A service? I would love to add you to the list...Have you ever done anything like this? Do you have any advice for me?

Hope to see you on January 8th!

No comments:

Post a Comment