Sunday, December 18, 2011

What Happened in Vegas Part II & Skin Sake Sweepstakes

Please forgive me if I seem a little off during this post, I just came home from Christmas in the City and saying I am exhausted may be the understatement of the year.  I was not even going to post but Aaron is out picking up our Flatbread and apparently sitting in gridlock traffic so why not.  Now, I am sitting here hoping Tom Brady pulls off a miracle so Aaron takes the win and we make some money off of fantasy football for once.  Fingers crossed!

View from the CITC toy room...more to come on this later

So last time we left off, I was pondering why I could run a 1:03 8 miler with massive negative split perfection with Robin but when it came to Vegas I could not see a sub-8 mile.  Ultimately, I think it is in my head.  I get tired and it is not that I give up but it is just that I can't power through that wall alone.  It hurts and I slow down.  I try to push myself, I try to encourage myself, I try to use my mantras, but on my own, it does not seem to be enough.  When I am with Robin and she is running besides me, we encourage each other.  I know I can't slow down because I am accountable to someone else, this is her run too!  If I am lagging, she pushes me to go just a little bit further and promises me we will slow down soon.  She does this until I ultimately find my "second wind."  Likewise, if she is struggling, I know I have to push through for her.

Look we are really pushing here right....

The above is clearly why I am making her pace me for NJ Marathon and if we could find a half marathon that too.  But unfortunately, apparently I can't make Robin run with me in every race (although I don't know why not).  So what am I to do to power through?  Minus putting Robin's voice on my iPod (which is probably really creepy and she probably will never run with me again now), I have to learn how to push through those walls.  Yes, I have mantras, but clearly that is not enough for me.  sometimes they work, but sometimes I just kind of get complacent and I can't have that if I want to see a sub-4 hour marathon.  Music helps but it does not seem to necessarily be the "be all end all."  So what is a girl to do?
Practice & Imaginary

I need to practice pushing through more and more.  When it is hard, I need to push harder.  When it is tough, I need to be tougher and I need to keep practicing this until I get it right!!  I also need to work on imagery.  If I am not running with someone  than I need to imagine I am.  To imagine them with me, each of us encouraging and pushing through...and hopefully this will help.

So what about this SWEEPSTAKES?  Skin Sake, have you heard of this company?  Well, if you have not, you should!! Check them out here and like them on Facebook here. How could you not love a company whose motto is

We're in the Business of Protecting Your Skin



Sign me up!!  From their website:

Skin Sake was created by Jeff Foote from Hamburg, AR.  A pharmacist for over 37 years, he began compounding ointments for his pharmacy customers in the 1970's.  Today, Skin Sake distributes nationally and manufactures 4 products:  Skin Sake Ointment, Booty Goo Diaper Rash Ointment, Surface Protectant, and Skin Sake Athletic Ointment.  Skin Sake strives to make the best over-the-counter skin care available, with products known for their high quality, fast acting formulas at affordable prices.


 Do you remember when I ran that marathon?

Yay for marathons!!!

Well, right before that marathon I got a huge blister on my toe. I did not know what to do.  Someone mentioned Skin Sake (thanks Twitter).  I contacted the company and begged for help.  I told them my situation and the company was too nice.  As a curtesy, they shipped me a ton of products to try and help my blisters heel ASAP and it was all complementary.  They also spent a ton of time with me via email explaining exactly how to use the product explaining that it could be good for curing and preventing blisters.  Needless to say, as soon I got the package, I dug in!

They have a ton of great products for athletes, babies, the average person - you name it, they have it.  I have used this along with some other products to find success.  I like it best for recovery.  If I have a blister or irritation, I like to turn to Skin Sake, they continue to save the day.  Particularly, their Skin Sake Ointment, which is a combination of Zinc Oxide and other great ingredients meant to save your skin, has saved me time and again and helps to repair my skin.

If you are looking to prevent blisters, there is Skin Sake Athletic.   You can use this like you use Body Glide.  Just rub it right on.  I only tried it on my feet.  It kind of reminded me of Destin.  It is a white creamy ointment and for me it seemed to do the trick in some areas but not others (because as you all know, I am the Queen of blisters).  It was also quite messy because the cream is so thick, but small price to pay for being blister free.

Overall, would I recommend this product?  Absolutely.  I liked the Skin Sake Ointment more than the regular Athletic but that is just me.  But you should absolutely try it for yourself and see what works best for you!

Skin Sake has been nice enough to over all you to try.  They are offering:


  • a free tube of Skin Sake
  • a travel pack
  • a water bottle



And like normal, it is not hard to win, all you have to do is submit a comment on this post to enter into this Sweepstake. Here is some more information about the official rules


TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SKIN SAKE SWEEPSTAKES
Check out the full Terms and Conditions here

Basics:  To enter the sweepstakes for a Skin Sake 6 oz Tube of Skin Sake, a travel pack, and a water bottle, please just leave a comment on this post, meaning the post that announced the sweepstake.  The comment does not have to be anything in particular.  It will be used so that your name can be entered into the sweepstakes as facilitated by Random.Org.   There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY or any other type of consideration that must be given to enter this sweepstakes.     By entering a comment, you are entering in the sweepstakes and are thus agreeing to the full terms and conditions outlined here.

Eligibility Requirements:  To enter this sweepstake you must be over 18 years of age and a United States citizen.  Other restrictions apply.  You can enter by simply leaving a comment on this blog, NO PURCHASE or other consideration is neceessary.   You cannot enter by any other means.

Contact information:  When entering the sweepstakes, please provide a means for the writer of this blog to contact you when the sweepstakes has ended.  You may choose to leave your blog address, twitter handle, email address, or any other means that you are comfortable with and provides a reasonable way for the writer of this blog to contact you.  If you do not want, your contact information put in the comment field, you may e-mail the writer of this blog at 26.2runforfun@gmail.com.  Your contact information will be used so that the writer of this blog may contact you if you win or if the retailer sponsoring the sweepstakes needs to contact you if you win.

Eligibility Requirements:  To enter this sweepstake you must be over 18 years of age and a United States citizen.  Other restrictions apply.  You can enter by simply leaving a comment on this blog, NO PURCHASE or other consideration is neceessary.   You cannot enter by any other means. 

Duration and deadlines:  This sweepstakes starts on Sunday December 18, 2011 at 7:30 p.m.  and will go to Sunday December 25, 2011 at 7:30 p.m.  Winner will be announced by Monday December 26, 2011 8 p.m. and will be announced through this blog - Runforfun-stephanie.blogspot.com.  A winner has one week from the announcement of the winner to claim the prize or else a new winner will be chosen (Monday January 2, 2012 after 8 p.m.) .  All prizes will be awarded.  Thus if the winner does not come forward, a new winner will be chosen.

Prize Description: The prize for this is a 6 oz bottle of Skin Sake, a Skin Sake travel pack, and a water bottle.  The value of this sweepstake is about $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment