Sunday, November 13, 2011

Turning It Around With A Run

Have you checked out my Sweepstake?  Check out here with full terms and conditions here. Also btw, the winner of nuun never came forward so we found a new winner Britton from Its a Beautiful Thing This Life of Ours.  Congrats lady.  I will contact you to get this going ASAP.

So lets move on.  This week I have been stressed to state it lightly.   As you can see from my past few posts, I am doing A LOT right now between work, Christmas in the City, my mini race expo, and oh yea, some inspirational speaking which I may share on another day, I am a little overwhelmed!  I love everything I am doing, but it kind of takes a toll especially when work is crazy!  To top it all off, I had a wedding in Rhode Island this weekend which took me away from home for the weekend leaving me little time to get stuff done.  It was great, but stressful in some ways as I am not so great with directions causing some minor mishaps...

Needless to say when I got home this morning, I was itching for a run more than ever.  There are a lot of ways to de-stress.  But can anyone tell me a better way than running with your favorite running buddy outside in 50 plus degree whether in November no less and chatting it up?  Seriously, you better not answer yes to this question because there is NO better way to de-stress.  I met Robin at Mile 9 for her and we went along to do 8 and compared to last week I felt fantastic!! My legs felt well-rested and ready to go. At points, I was itching to go under 9 min miles but Robin was doing 17 so we kept it at that pace and it was pretty comfy - I was chatting it up and smile city and Robin was rocking it.  My ankle was not great and I was sooo dehydrated from the weekend wedding festivities but all in all it was a great run!! And by the end, you guessed it, 100% better - clearer head, smile on my face, and overall feeling of wellness and health.  It just felt so good to be back in the zone with my people doing what I do best, enjoying life while running.

And that folks is that.  What more do you need?  A beautiful sunny day and a perfect run to turn it around!!!

Do you ever "turn it around with a run?"

No comments:

Post a Comment