Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Letter to My Garmin

Have you checked out my new Road ID Sweepstakes - practical and life saving, check this thing out  (& Terms and Conditions here )


Also check out my very own Run for Fun Facebook Page!


Dear Mr. Garmin,

Ever since you came into my life, I cannot live without you.  As ashamed as I am to admit it, I am, how do they say it, a bit obsessed with you.  When I go for a run, I make sure to never leave home without you.  And I apologize for the time I forgot you while driving to the Boston Run to Remember Half Marathon.  But don't worry, even though we were 20 minutes away from home Aaron dropped me off at the race and sped drove safely home to retrieve you and get you back in my arms at the starting line.  See Garmin, I would not go anywhere without you.  It is just you and me on the open road.  And I never forget you are there, listening to your mile "beeps" and glancing down at you oh to often to check my pace, my time.


But Garmin,  I have to admit, I do not always agree with you.  Why do you not sync up with my running friends' Garmins if we are running the same pace, side by side.  I do not understand you Garmin when I am speeding along and you tell me I am running 2 minutes slower than I thought.  Why is that when I plug you in from a hilly run, your map looks like the route was flat as a pancake.  AND Garmin why oh why do you have a different "time" and "moving time" when I never stopped during a race.


Garmin I just don't always understand what you are trying to tell me and we don't always see eye to eye.  Why can't you just see it my way!  Why can't you click over to 13.1 just a little bit more quickly when I am  staring at you for seconds on end.


I wish that I did not love you as much as I did.  Don't get me wrong, you are quite the gift.  You allow me to pace myself and run a race smart....well sometimes when I don't fool myself into thinking I am running a sustainable pace.  But why can't I just let you go?  Let's face it, I am not a run by feel kind of girl.  I am a bit of a co ntrol freak sometimes, if I am being honest and honestly, I can't get enough of you Mr. Garmin.  But I wish I could relax a bit more and leave you at home once in a while. Help me Garmin be a little bit kinder, non-judgmental to myself and relax a bit more.  Oh it would not hurt if you start flashing more low 7s on that interface of yours....just saying, something to think about.

I guess it is time for us to meet once more.  Time for my run.  I love you Garmin, but today I will try not to admire you at every moment.  To look up, to take it all, and be thankful for another day of running.

Thanks for listening,
Stephanie
Run For Fun

P.S. Am I the only Garmin obsessed freak out there?


P.P.S Just came back from the run - of course you said 8:20 pace, Robin's Garmin had sub-8. Seriously?!

No comments:

Post a Comment