Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Numbers Game - The Time to Gain

Remember when I wrote all about how I avoid scales and numbers?  Oh when was that, like three days ago? Yup!  Remember how I told you all that I don't know what I weigh and am happy about that?  No need to have a scale for me.  I am very happy not knowing.

Here I am just a few days ago the foam roller and I blissfully unaware

Well apparently, my doctor did not get the message when I said I would rather not know my weight or maybe he chooses not to read my blog (I don't know how that could ever happen especially with a Chobani Sweepstakes occurring )  because in the course of our discussion today my weight and the number attached to it came up multiple times.  Yup, fun for me, so enjoyable to now know a number I have been purposefully avoiding ever so well for many many months.  And guess who seems to have been right about gaining?  This gal.  Apparently it seems a new medication I have been taking added a good 5 lbs to my waist line in about 20 days.  Yay medicine! Yay knowing my weight for the first time in over a year and a half.

Couldn't be happier!


Aaron was with me at this visit and he said his heart sunk when he heard the doctor say my weight and prayed that I did not hear it.  But I did.  And I am actually here living to talk about it.  Because you know what it was not that bad, even though it was 13 pounds heavier than I thought.  Yup, I have literally been thinking I was 13 pounds lighter for the past 1.5 years.

Whateves, I still think I am pretty cute right?

And you know what? I don't care.  It is just a number.  It does not define me or who I am in the least.  I still am in love with my body and proud of it.    I am still going to move on with my day and the number will be what it will be.

That being all well and good.  My doctor does want me to gain five pounds (yet to be determined if that is in addition to the "medicine weight" or if I just to replace one with the other).  This is not so easy.  I mean yes it is easy, I just have to eat all fun foods right? hehe.

Dear Aaron, please take me to the Cape right away for some Captain Frostys Yum!

But it is still a tall order first of which being will it effect my training and my running? Will people notice? Will people wonder and will my cute dresses still fit is second in the order of questions.   I guess, though, I have to take a page from my own book here and remember it is only a number and it will not define me, that there is more to life and that if for right now I need to gain a few pounds that is ok too.

In the meantime, while I am accepting all this added weight, I would love to hear from you all.  I know this is somewhat counter to what most healthy living bloggers are working on but have you ever had to gain some weight?  How do you handle it? Does it effect your training?

No comments:

Post a Comment