Monday, January 2, 2012

My Big Event & Vitalsox Compression Sweepstakes

Thank you all for your wonderful comments on Aaron's post. He did an amazing job and it was an honor to to run with him, I see more runs in his future, and he is out to win, but more on that later. For now, we have to get down to business, because this is a very important, busy week!! No better way than to start off the first week of the year with an event this Sunday that I have been preparing for since July.   It has been like preparing for  a marathon.  So while Robin runs a marathon this Sunday (go wish her luck), I will be taking on my own type of marathon event, well...sorta....

Ok this is totally my new favorite shirt - check out the store here


So what am I talking about?? Well have you noticed this new button on the side of my blog...


This button is for my Wellness Day that I am putting on this Sunday January 8th for anyone who wishes to attend at my temple in Lexington, Massachusetts. 

 Like many things, this event started out small, but it quickly grew and grew.

This used to be my office, now it is the landing zone for all things Wellness Day  including...

this...

and this...

and this...


If you have not  heard me go on and on about this Wellness Day yet, let me recap it quickly here. I modeled this day after a race expo because well, I'm a runner and why not.   The day will go as follows: you will arrive at the event and receive a goodie bag free of coupons and samples including discounts for Vitalsox, Tommie Copper, an anti-chafe stick from Ever Stride, two weeks of classes as Endurance Pilates and Yoga, 2 day pass to Lexington Fitness Club, 15% discount at the Lexington Running Company, samples of Pretzel Crisps, Pop Chips, and Hint Water, discount cards for Bondi Bands, and much much more.  During the event, you will have the chance to interact with over 25 different vendors including a nutritionist, yoga instructor, Pilates instructor, chiropractor, acupuncturist, midwife, genetic counselor, and more.  Presentations and demos will take place throughout the day from Juice Pus+, Whole Foods Market Woburn, Personal Trainer, massage therapist, chinese medicine, to name a few.

I hope people in the area can attend.  The cost is $5 and I think and hope it is going to be a blast.  But if I am being honest, I am scared to death that no one comes, so please please come. I promise it will be fun!

I am currently still doing a Sweepstakes for Sugoi  here (who will also be donating to the Wellness Day Raffle)  and you still have until 9 p.m. on Tuesday January 3rd to enter but I wanted to start this Sweepstakes  in honor of my Wellness Day.  In fact, this week we will have two Sweepstakes from two great vendors at my Wellness Day.

Today, I want to introduce you to Vitalsox.  I first found out about this company at the Marine Corps Marathon Expo and quickly fell in love with them.   When I came across their booth, I could not help but stop in a) they had compression socks; b) they were pink; and c) they had Trivitals.


If you are wondering, these are Trivitals.  They are compression sleeves from your ankle up to your knee


Before Marine Corps Marathon, I had never heard of Vitalsox, but I am so happy that I found them. They are actually an Italian company and I have always had lots of luck with Italian shoes so I knew I had to give them a chance.  Once again, the Italians did not disappoint...they know how to do it right...

See I love Italy :)

To find out a little more about Vitalsox, I checked out their website.  Here is what I found out:

Vitalsox® is a high-tech brand of socks and underwear made in Italy by Arcos S.p.A., a dynamic Italian producer of wear, underwear, socks and accessories for all kind of sports, work, leisure, fashion and healthcare. Vitalsox® socks are perfectly suited for sportsmen (for racing or recovery), for enthusiasts of court and open air sports, and are ideal as everyday high-quality socks.  Made with the most advanced materials such as Silver DryStat™, and using Arcos’ patents on graduated compression, Vitalsox® products offer a unique sense of "feetness" (freshness, comfort and well being with an upmost sense of protection from external bacterial agents).  Vitalsox® offers also a unique series of high-comfort travel and everyday underwear made of Silver DryStat™ and manufactured with seamless technology, characterized by the unique property of washing and drying extremely fast. 


The more I read, the more I liked.  It was like this company was catering to me. They offered everything I needed - arm warmers, recovery socks, running socks, performance socks, and Trivitals.  Each item serves a different purpose and seems to work just right.    For instance, right now, I am lounging in the recovery socks, which are perfect for stimulating blood circulation, getting oxygen to the muscles, and reducing lactic acid buildup. Tomorrow, I will switch to their running sock, which are perfect for running in.  They do all the great things that my other socks do, ward off blisters, moisture wicking, but they also seem to just give that extra amount of support that I am constantly looking for in a basic short sock.  I've also grown to love my arm warmers - they are moisture wicking, warm, and stylish, if you ask me.

I know this is a lot to take in, let me try to break it up a little more:

Recovery Socks:   These socks are comfortable and they do the job in helping me recover quicker by increasing circulation, getting oxygen to the muscles, and providing the support I need for my ankles after a long run. my ankle.  My biggest gripe, is that they are too long which is more a byproduct of me being short.  I also feel that they are pretty tight at the top where the sock ends, I wish they was a little more give there. But all in all, I love them and plus did I mention they are only $35, super reasonable!!

I recover in my sweatpants (from my senior year in high school).  What other way is there?


Trivital: I love these! Once I found the right size, I couldn't get enough of them. I wore them right after the marathon and right before the marathon. I love that I didn't have to have something over my toes but that I received the compression that I needed around my ankle. The hardest part about them was that they were too tight to begin with, but that seemed to be a sizing issue, which the company kindly helped me with. Once I got the right size,  I was in heaven. If you have problems with your toes and blisters but you also want compression socks, these are definitely a fantastic solution.
You wear Trivitals under your PJs, right?


Arm warmers:  I know, I have been rocking a lot of our warmers lately. I guess I'm kind of warming up to them in general. I really like these because they are super soft,  really comfortable, and keep me warm.  When I wore them however, once I was hot, I wanted them off, they felt kind of itchy and tight at the top of my arms.  I left them on to test them out and they actually got better and were great with the dri-fit quality. When I took them off no chaffing, thanks to Everstride.   There is not much more to ask for in an arm warmer.

I like being all matchie matchie it is fun :)

Yay for taking pictures of yourself pre-workout at 5 a.m.

So let's talk sweepstakes shall we? Vitalsox gave me a number of samples to give out.  I have Recovery Socks (2 mediums); Trivitals (XS, M, L); Arm Warmer (M-L) to give away.  

Regardless of whether you win, all this month you can go and buy your pair and use this discount code to get $10 off.  The best part about this is that Vitalsox is so reasonably priced already that after this discount code you will pay $25 for a pair of Compression Socks - that is crazy!!!! Here is the code:  RS1BL1TS.  You can purchase them here.


Everyone coming to the Wellness Day will be getting one of these!


Like always, to enter to win, just leave me a comment.  Here are so more specifics:


TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR VITALSOX SWEEPSTAKES
Check out the full Terms and Conditions here

Basics:  To enter the sweepstakes for Vitalsox recovery socks, Trivitals, and Arm warmers please just leave a comment on this post, meaning the post that announced the sweepstake.  The comment does not have to be anything in particular.  It will be used so that your name can be entered into the sweepstakes as facilitated by Random.Org.   There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY or any other type of consideration that must be given to enter this sweepstakes.     By entering a comment, you are entering in the sweepstakes and are thus agreeing to the full terms and conditions outlined here.

Eligibility Requirements:  To enter this sweepstake you must be over 18 years of age and a United States citizen.  Other restrictions apply.  You can enter by simply leaving a comment on this blog, NO PURCHASE or other consideration is neceessary.   You cannot enter by any other means.

Contact information:  When entering the sweepstakes, please provide a means for the writer of this blog to contact you when the sweepstakes has ended.  You may choose to leave your blog address, twitter handle, email address, or any other means that you are comfortable with and provides a reasonable way for the writer of this blog to contact you.  If you do not want, your contact information put in the comment field, you may e-mail the writer of this blog at 26.2runforfun@gmail.com.  Your contact information will be used so that the writer of this blog may contact you if you win or if the retailer sponsoring the sweepstakes needs to contact you if you win.

Eligibility Requirements:  To enter this sweepstake you must be over 18 years of age and a United States citizen.  Other restrictions apply.  You can enter by simply leaving a comment on this blog, NO PURCHASE or other consideration is neceessary.   You cannot enter by any other means. 

Duration and deadlines:  This sweepstakes starts on Monday January 2, 2012 at 10:00  p.m.  and will go to Monday January 9, 2012 at 9:00 p.m.  Winner will be announced by Thursday January 12, 2012 at 8 p.m. and will be announced through this blog - Runforfun-stephanie.blogspot.com.  A winner has one week from the announcement of the winner to claim the prize or else a new winner will be chosen (Thursday January 19, 2012 after 8 p.m.) .  All prizes will be awarded.  Thus if the winner does not come forward, a new winner will be chosen.

Prize Description: There are multiple prizes for this Sweepstakes including a pair of recovery socks ($35) (2 winners), arm warmers ($20) (one winner), and trivitals ($28) (three winners).

No comments:

Post a Comment