Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Baby B - Weeks 19 and 20

Oh dear, am I behind!  I guess I say that every time I blog now, so it is not really behind as much as I do not have much of a schedule at all, but lack of control is the theme of the moment and will probably continue for the next 20-30 years so I better be getting used to it.  I am almost at the end of my 21st week so I better play some catch up with weeks 19 and 20.  Yikes!! I am going to group these two weeks and hopefully I can make some sense of them in that manner...


Week 19


Week 20


How have I been feeling?  Pretty good (knock on wood), but not amazing.  I know people talk about the massive energy spike of second trimester but it is kind of all relative in my opinion.  I feel like I have infinite more energy than I did first trimester and the start of the second trimester but I am still not up to the level of pre-pregnancy energy - and that is O.K. too.  I am not sleeping as late, and to my dismay I was up at 5 a.m. this weekend and had a hard time falling back asleep.  Nevertheless, I am still exhausted in the middle of the day and at the end of the day.   Last week, I came home, ate dinner, and went to lay down.  I did not watch T.V., I did not do anything just laid there for a half hour and then fell asleep...two of those days I did not even bother to change into P.Js a.k.a Aaron's tee-shirts and boxers.

Wubby will always have more energy than me

How have I been feeling emotionally? Hormone city! Overall, I wish I could say I was happy go lucky.  I know I need to relax and find some peace but more often than not I find myself stressing about this situation or that situation. It is also pretty easy to swing my moods especially to tears - although I am not sure that this is the pregnancy talking either.  I need to do a little better job trying to de-stress and stop worrying so much about things I cannot fix or change right now and enjoy the moments of pregnancy.  The other major emotion is excitement.  Although I feel I am sooo not ready for Baby B to come yet, I can't wait to meet him, but I will happily wait to Thanksgiving - you hear that Baby B!

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings are probably still pizza - although that is par for the course for me at anytime. I also had some very big ice-cream cravings over July 4th, again though that is no big news for me. Aversions - still coffee and onion bagels - mainly the smell! YUCK (p.s. Baby just kicked in agreement).  Otherwise, not so bad on either end, which is helpful because I am really trying to get a variety of healthy foods into my diet right now.  I read that the baby is developing taste buds based on what I am eating, so I have forced myself to eat chicken and other things (which are not always my favorites) in hopes that Baby B will have a well-rounded diet.

Wubby craves chicken, ice-cream, peanut butter, and cheese 


Exercise:  We are still going :) :) Slower than before but I am getting a good solid 5 days a week in, consisting usually of  2 runs, 2 elliptical workouts, and a weights day.  I also have been walking during my lunch hour at work. I can't really ask for much more.  I am pretty aware that a time may come where all that no longer feels so good and thus have started looking into potential pool/swimming options.  I found one near work that is not so expensive so I may have to start that as soon as I feel is necessary.

Doctor's Visits: None since the last big gender visit!  But I have one coming up next week - can't wait to hear the little boy's heartbeat :)

Baby Movement:   I am loving this new category.  I have been feeling the baby move now for a good two or three weeks now and it is becoming more often and more pronounced.  I smile wide every time I feel him - it never gets old!  So far no kicks that Aaron has been able to feel, but maybe Baby B will be a good son and give his Daddy a good old kick for his birthday tonight.  You never know....either way I can't wait for the day that Aaron can feel Baby B dancing away too!

That is all for now.  Tell me when did your hubby or significant other first feel those little kicks?

No comments:

Post a Comment