Thursday, May 5, 2011

Moving and Running


So for an update to where we are in packing world, see below….


As you can see, we are living among boxes and more boxes. It is completely insane that we are trying to pack and move in 5 days and I am loving every minute of it and am not stressed at all. In fact, this morning at the gym (despite my lack of sleep) I was smiling and happily singing along with the music.  One of my more elder gym buddies remarked, where does all this energy come from?  On a side tangent, one of the things I love about the gym is the random friends I make there, I may never know their names but we have this great rapport without ever really even knowing too much about each other and some times it becomes more.  Recently, we joined Planet Fitness. Say what you may about it, but it works great for us, its cheap and has what we need and is right around the block from work.  Anyway, I met two new gym buddies. One is a man who is about hmm 75 is my guess who is there everyday with a smile on his face.  We always wave and exchange cordial remarks. He is like a sweet grandfather.  I love him. Today I went to have my banana and he was like “I did not want any, anyway…how cute….He is always mystified by my workouts which also kind of gives me a bit of a boost, what can I say.  Then there is another middle age adorable gym dude, when I asked his name, he just said, call me Fred.  He saw that I carried around just a plastic marketbasket shopping bag with my gym stuff in it during my workout (it usually has a towel, some exercise bands, and food).  The next day he bought me a cute Pink nike gym bag so I could put it on my back and use it instead.  I have tons of these from runs etc. but it was soooo sweet, and it has been really useful.  Do any of you have these types of gym buddies?

Lately I have noticed so much good in people and it makes me feel better about the world and life.  Such as 
1) the gym dude bringing me a bag even though he does not know my name
2) everyone helping packing us. I have friends who have offered to help me pack and move.  I mean wow, I hate packing my own stuff, and people are volunteering their time to help me. And all on last minute notice.  I even have a friend with a 2 year old giving up Friday night to help pack!
3) My dad coming all the way from NJ after working in PA for the week to help us move on last minutes notice
4) My aunt who is voluntarily giving up two new beautiful couch chairs
5) My cousin for selling us for table for too cheap
6) Everyone at my temple who has sent us multiple replys to our requests for packing materials
7)  My work and my cousins who have donated packing materials to us…

People are truly amazing!!!




In other news, work has this 10,000 steps a day challenge. I of course signed up because I am easily running that.  As part of the challenge, they have small challenges each week.  This week was sign up for a race.  I signed up for Falmouth and the Hyannis Half on Memorial day.   I was entered into a raffle (and since no one else signed up for a race) I won and guess what? I won a gift card to Lulu Lemon (JACKPOT!)  It came in this cute change purse that has awesome sayings on it like:
1)    Do one thing a day that scares you
2)    Breathe deeply and appreciate the moment. Living in the moment could be the meaning of live
3)    Stress is related to 99% of all illness



I love LULU!

I had a cortisone shot for my neck on Tuesday and this is my second one and it was a lot easier and I feel great today.  I felt amazing the second day of the last shot too but then the next day awful, so here is hoping that does not happen again. I really think it is working though as I have been doing much better since the first one (knock on wood).


Because of the shot, I did not work out Tuesday or Wednesday. Today I ran.  I did 10 minutes on the ellitipical, 3 miles (8:06, 7:41, and 7:41) and there was no knee pain yes!!!! Then I did some weights, I could feel minor knee pain but more tiredness and soreness.  I think/am hoping I just need adequate rest and of course a massage. Here’s hoping!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment