Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Good Things Come in Threes...!

Lying in bed last night, my husband said to me, we need a third thing because good things come in threes!  He was referring to:


 1) the fact that we just got word that we got financing for our condo and would be moving in four days! (that means packing up our life in four days and moving and being out of our apartment by Sunday EEEK!)
The other two were the problem....
2) would be my hubby's potential passage of the bar; and
3) three was unknown!

That was what worried him. Four years ago when we graduated from college the good things came in threes - graduation, engagement, and a job (i believe). So in his mind, he needed a third. (maybe superstitious, but you are waiting for the results of one of the most grueling tests ever, how can you not be?) Without the third, he would not get the second. Then he thought of it, his graduation from law school. Today, I got a phone call, he passed the bar!!! I can not tell you how excited, relieved and overwhelmed with joy I was/am, I almost cry. I wanted to shout it from the rooftops! Instead, I did the obvious (since my hubby already posted the news on facebook), I text messaged everyone we know with the news!

So to say this week may be a little crazy, is an understatement.  We need to pack by Saturday morning when the movers (e.g., Aaron's friends and my dad) come to move us; we need to clean our apartment and be out by Sunday; we need to buy closet units, a washer/dryer, and a fridge; and we need to show our apartment (if anyone is looking it is a pretty amazing place to live and reasonable but it is time for something bigger for us).  Oh and did I mention that I can't really help with any of this because I just had a cortisone shot in my neck to help with my neck pain.  But, no worries I will still fit in the 8 mile run on Saturday morning (very early prior to the move, because thats what runners do right?).

Here's hoping that everyone else is experiencing the magic of good things coming in threes whether related to running or life in general!

In running news, I ran yesterday I did 5 minutes on the elliptical, 1 mile at 7:47 pace 5 mins on the elliptical and repeated this for two more miles.  I was pretty happy with it but still pain in the knee.  I spoke with my PT and we decided the plan for the week would be to rest today and tomorrow and Thursday do 10 minutes on the elliptical 3 miles fast and 10 minutes on the elliptical and then another elliptical workout on Friday and 8 on Saturday. Today the knee was pretty good but still signs that running will hurt. My fingers are crossed that rest will help and that I will be up for the Hyannis half at the end of May. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment