Thursday, September 15, 2011

Martini and Cupcake Night

I know this is going to come as a shocker to everyone, but apparently there is a side of me that has a life, albeit small, outside of running! I know, right?!? Is this the same girl that talked about sacrificing it all for the marathon, well there is such thing as balance.

Tonight, I worked on this by holding for my Temple's Sisterhood a Martini and Cupcake Night.  Since joining my temple last winter, I have become co-VPs with another woman for Programming and we wanted to start this year off with a bang showing people how much fun Sisterhood can be.  I think it was a success.  Tonight we gathered over 40 women to have cocktails and cupcakes.  My co-VP, Elyssa, did an awesome job gathering fun cupcake and martini theme items and we went to town baking for the event.  Even better my husband and the new assistant Rabbi were the bartenders and made our favorite martinis including Key Lime Martini, Cosmo, and apparently a ton of their own creations.  The event was short, only 2 hours, but everyone seemed to have a blast, a nice excuse to get out on a Thursday night and have a good time.  We have been planning this event for some time and I am thrilled that it went over so well.  I absolutely think this is a great event to try if you are looking for something fun to do.

Me & the bartender

 Welcome to Martini Night

Chocolate Cake Lollis to take home

 I just can't get enough!

 Our bartenders

 Ladies 














No comments:

Post a Comment