Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday!

Well since I am awake about two hours earlier than I need to be and not ready to face the elliptical and/or treadmill yet (shocker), I figured what the hell, twice in one week.  And no better day than today to post because today is apparently my blog's birthday - Birthday Number 1 - in the books, today.  I wanted to have a big party in celebration.  But no one seemed interested....I can't image why

A Sleeping Wubby


So instead, I spent the weekend picking up some variety of yummy desserts to choose from for the occasion.  You always want to make sure you have choices so you know, in the end, you can eat them all - or is that just me...maybe don't answer that one.

They were selling these to raise money for Breast Cancer research, I clearly had to by two and I am thinking one might be a good lunch today (I never said this was a healthy living blog)

Whole Foods was just selling this, no good cause, but it was Key Lime Cheesecake - need I say more

So O.K. back to the point, today my little blog turns one which means I have been blogging for a year - not so long compared to many other bloggers but a good amount of time and energy, for me anyway.  I started this blog to fall back in love with running, to make some good running friends, to make a running fun, social event.  Over the year, I have certainly felt that I have accomplished this and much, much more.  I have not just made good friends, but great friends.  I have met people from all around the U.S. and have had a blast.  While I could not be more thrilled with the results, I could never have imagined how much I would have needed blogging (or the people that have come with blogging - bloggers and readers alike) to get me through not only tough runs, but life's joys and struggles as well.  


Running Partners accept you even if you are a little crazy and swear to Run for Fun (even when you don't)

In all, I owe a lot to this little blog and all of you.  I know I have not been the most active lately - working on that - but I could not image life these days without all of you.  So thank you so much for all your support throughout the past year.

What does blogging or reading blogs mean to you?  


No comments:

Post a Comment